By using ManicTime, you are agreeing to the collection and use of your personal information for the
providing you our product services as described below. We will notify all active accounts of any
changes to this policy.
Your data is never shared
- We will never sell, rent, or otherwise share your personal information, with or without personally
information. Furthermore, we will never share anonymized selections of your individual data. If we are
by law to disclose any of the information collected about you, we will attempt to provide you with
(unless we are prohibited) that a request for your information has been made in order to give you an
opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will attempt to provide this notice by email. We will
object to overly broad requests for access to information about users of our site.
- You can also delete your account at any time. Deleting your account permanently deletes all your data
- We won't spam you. We might occasionally send one-time messages about important ManicTime news,
the product and security enhancements. You will always be able to unsubscribe.
- Sharing of data is controlled by the administrator of the account and by default does not allow anyone
account access to your data. No one outside of your organization will have access to any of your data.
How do we protect your data?
- Your data is always encrypted in transit. All requests with the ManicTime web app and client apps are
with current best practice SSL configurations.
- Your data is always encrypted at rest. All of our storage uses volume encryption.
What information does ManicTime collect? How is it used?
Account information includes email address, first and last name.
ManicTime records information about the currently active application or website on your computer. We record for
processing the following information:
- For time analysis: computer usage, application name, URL, window title, start time of use, end time of
some cases, also full path of the file you are working on in application.
- For easier recollection, ManicTime also records screenshots.
- For distinguishing you and your device: IP, your system user name, device name, device operating system
Cookies and Log Files
ManicTime.com sends a "cookie" to your computer that contains an identifier that is unique to your browser
use this cookie to validate your authentication, provide you with a continuous experience, and to record how
site/service is being used. It is not used for marketing purposes.
As is done with most web sites, we log each visit to each web page. A log entry can contain information
in the "header" of your web browser's request such as the browser type you used, your Internet Protocol
the date and time of day. We may also log your session identifier and the URL of a site that referred you. This
information is important for security, audit, quality improvement, as well as for monitoring the health of our
Date: February 1, 2019